ISLAM VERSUS COMMUNISM
BY Professor Dr. Mahmoud Youssef Shawarbi
Islam is a universal religion which is embraced by one quarter of the population of the world. In fact the followers of Islam are spread all over the world from the Far East to the Far West. Many thinkers in the world who studied Islam carefully believe that Islam is a natural barrier against communism.
In this essay we shall try to discuss this fact and show how Islam really stands as a concrete barrier against communism.
At the outset we should like to mention the main principles on which communism is founded. They can be summarized in the following
1. The Denial of the existence of God.
2. Life is absolutely materialistic and has no spiritual background.
3. Abolition of private ownership.
4. Nationalization of all resources and its control by the State.
5. Replacing the inland trade by rationing cards.
6. The adoption of Linins theory of wages which says "Form everyone according to his ability to everyone according to his needs."
It is thus clearly shown that the idea of communism is based on a purely materialistic basis. According to communism the whole universe has no supreme power behind it. It has no God who created it. The denial of the existence of God is a common belief Lo all communists. All the Russian pioneers to the space denied the existence of God. Karl Marx as one of the founders of communism.